Locals can get a peek at the past on foot when the Historic North Hollywood Walking Tour returns Saturday.
The two-and-a-half-hour stroll, led by the Museum of the San Fernando Valley, includes stops at various monuments, such as:
- Amelia Earhart Statue
- Amelia Earhart Library (1928)
- El Portal Theatre (1926)
- St. Paul's First Lutheran Church
- NoHo Arts District
- NoHo Fire Station #60
- Lankershim Arts Center (1939) (S. Charles Lee, architect)
- So. Pacific Railroad Depot (1886)
- Commonwealth Savings & Loan Building
- Weddington Family History
- North Hollywood Masonic Temple Lodge 542
- Security Trust and Savings Bank (1924)
- Lankershim Elementary School (Marilyn Monroe attended)
Meet up is at 10 a.m. at the Amelia Earhart Statue; northwest corner of Tujunga St. & Magnolia Blvd.
The walking tours will be held bi-monthly in 2013. Click here for more information, a full schedule and suggested donation information.