AGENDA Wednesday January 8, 2014 6:30pm to 9:00pm Senior Citizens Center at North Hollywood Park 5301 Tujunga Blvd. North Hollywood, CA 91601
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to three minutes per speaker, unless directed otherwise by the presiding officer of the Board.
Neighborhood Council Meeting Agendas are posted for public review at: NHLAPD Station, North Hollywood Public Library, Coffee Bean and Tea on Chandler/Lankershim, North Hollywood Regional Post Office, and East Valley High School as well as on the MTNHNC Web site www.midtownnoho.org.
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least three (3) business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator (213) 473- 5391 or by e-mail to Thomas.Soong@lacity.org. In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, nonexempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the Board in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at our website by clicking www.midtownnoho.org.
6:30 30-minute limit
• Meet & Greet
MTNHNC Board Members
• Call to Order – Pledge of Allegiance
Mary A. Garcia
• Roll Call
• Review of minutes: December 11, 2013
2 minutes each
• Public Officials
• Jenny Rayas, Congressman Tony Cardenas, 29th District • Talene Dermenjian, Adrin Nazarian, Asmdc. Dist. 46
• Franklin Ochoa, Raul Bocanegra, Asmdc. Dist. 39 • Rep. from Councilmember Krekorian, CD 2 (no response) • Alfred Tutungi, Dir. NH Park • Jeanne Rankin, Manager NoHo Regional Branch LibraryMTNHNC Agenda / January 8, 2014 p. 2
• Public Safety – North Hollywood LAPD Senior Lead Officer
1 minute each
• Stakeholder’s Comments on Non-Agenda Items
• Treasurer’s Report
• Presentation, discussion and possible action: Approval of $2400 for A-1 Self Storage from February 22, 2014 to February 22, 2015
• Presentation, discussion and possible action: Food and beverage for February and future board meetings, to approve up to $400 per meeting.
• Presentation, discussion and possible action: Approve final food expense from Magnolia Grille $165.01 total, for 2013 Children's Holiday Event:
• Presentation, discussion, possible action: Next Door, do we want to join? Sara Glaser will speak representing Next Door.
• Presentation, discussion and possible action: Approval of Joseph Shore- Goss to be a scribe for Community Impact Statements “CIS”
• Presentation, discussion and possible action: Action on this was previously approved. This is an itemized list $5000 total cost for our NC election. This is a summary of vendor’s expenditures: advertising, promotional items, food and other necessities for the election. Vendors include Daily News up to $1000, Staples up to $700, Magnolia Grille up to $500, Smart & Final up to $500, Nice Banners up to $200, Brownstone Printing up to $1500, Best Buy up to $300, Do-It-Center up to $100, Moby’s Coffee Cup up to $200.
Kevin MacKelvie, Election Chair & David Govea, Election Outreach Chair
• Presentation, discussion and possible action: HIV Mobil Testing Event requesting up to $400 for snacks and beverage for participants. Promotional items in storage will also be used for this event. Location and date to be determined.
2 minutes each
• Committee Reports
Filling a vacant seat on the board. If you are interested in becoming a board member, we suggest you follow these steps: Step 1 – Attend a meeting. Step 2 – Send us a short bio and indicate which seat you are interested in filling. Step 3 – We will
contact you about attending the next meeting. Please visit the Dept. of Neighborhood Empowerment web site, go to http://www.done.lacity.org/dnn/ for mandatory future training requirements.
• • •
Presentation and possible Appointment of District #3 Resident Rep. Presentation and possible Appointment of District #3 Business Rep. Presentation and possible Appointment of District #3 At Large Rep.
• Board Members Announcements/Comments
• President’s Closing Comments
Mary A. Garcia
• Meeting Adjourn
Mary A. Garcia
Future Agenda Items:
1. Paul Tanaka, running for LA County Sheriff 2. La Cana Restaurant, 4834 Vineland Ave.
Ed Chen Christopher Wilson Land Entertainment Services
Next Board Meeting set for February 13, 2014 Senior Citizens Center at North Hollywood Park 5301 Tujunga Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601