.

1 Critically Injured in Toluca Lake Fire

By City News Service

A man was critically injured Tuesday when he tried to put out a grease fire in the kitchen of his apartment in Toluca Lake.

Firefighters were called to a three-story apartment at 10979 Bluffside Drive at 6:23 p.m., said the Los Angeles Fire Department's Katherine Main.

The fire was out by the time firefighters arrived because the sprinklers went off. However, the man became caught when grease that fell on the floor suddenly flashed, and he was trying to put the fire out, she said.

The man was taken to a hospital in critical condition, Main said.


Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »