.
News Alert
Alert Issued for 2-Year-Old Girl Snatched at a…

Christmas Tree Lighting Sparks House Fire

Home's occupants are awakened by smoke detectors and escape injury.

A fire caused by an electrical malfunction in Christmas tree lighting broke out in a Sun Valley home Friday morning but no one was injured.

The blaze in the one-story house at 7640 Atoll Ave. was reported at 2:25 a.m. and extinguished in 17 minutes by 27 firefighters, said Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

Four sleeping adults in the home were awakened by smoke detectors and got out safely, he said, adding that they were being assisted by the Red Cross with temporary accommodations.

Three children who live at the home were staying elsewhere when the fire broke out, Humphrey said.

The fire was sparked by "electrical malfunction of Christmas tree lighting," he said.

A dollar loss was being tabulated, Humphrey said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »